Tool and die makers are craftsmen who create the tools, dies and molds used to manufacture parts and components. They work with a variety of materials, including metals, plastics and composites, and use a variety of methods, including milling, lathing, grinding, welding and fabricating. In this blog we have outline some Tool and Die Maker Job Description examples to get you hired quickly.
Tool and die makers must be able to read blueprints and specifications, and understand the properties of different materials in order to create the best tool for the job. They must also be able to work with precision measuring instruments and have a high degree of accuracy.
Tool and die makers typically complete a three- or four-year apprenticeship before becoming journeymen. With experience, they may advance to supervisor or manager positions. The Tool and Die Maker Job Description we have outlined below are customizable that you can use according to your needs.
Tool and Die Maker Job Description
We are a world leader in the design and manufacture of high precision molds and tools. As we are located in the heart of the Midwest near Chicago. We have been in business for over 50 years and have an excellent reputation in their industry.
- The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for the design, fabrication, modification, maintenance, and repair of all types of molds and tooling used in the production process.
- This includes but is not limited to injection molds, stamping dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining close tolerances on all tooling components using various measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
- In addition, the Tool and Die Maker will be required to set up and operate various machining equipment such as CNC mills and lathes to fabricate new or replacement tooling components.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working as a journeyman level toolmaker in a high precision manufacturing environment.
The Successful Applicant:
- Journeyman level Toolmaker with 5+ years of experience working in a high precision manufacturing environment
- Ability to read blueprints/engineering drawings
- Strong understanding of GD&T principles
- Experience setting up & operating CNC mills & lathes preferred but not required
- Competitive salary + benefits package including 401k & medical insurance
Tool and die job description
We are a growing tool and die company in the Midwest. We are looking to add an experienced Tool and Die Maker to our team. This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers stability and Room for Advancement.
- The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for fabricating, modifying, repairing, and maintaining all types of production tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc.
- The Tool and Die Maker will interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece.
- The Tool and Die Maker will set up and operate conventional or special purpose machine tools such as lathes, milling machines or grinders to cut metal parts.
- The Tool and Die Maker will select metals or other materials according to properties required for specific applications.
- The Tool and Die Maker will develop new ideas for products or processes using CAD/CAM technology where appropriate.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have 3+ years of experience as aTool & Die Maker
- Must be able to read complex blueprints & engineering drawings
- Experience with conventional & special purpose machine tools (lathes, mills) is required
- Experience with CAD/CAM software is preferred but not required
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full benefits package including health insurance & 401k
- Paid vacation & holidays
Tool and die machinist job description
We are a world leader in the design and manufacture of highly engineered products and services for the oil and gas, chemical, mining, power generation, transportation, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage industries.
We have been in business for over 100 years and are a publicly traded company with annual revenues in excess of $10 billion.
The tool and die machinist job description is responsible for the fabrication, repair, modification and maintenance of all types of tooling and dies used in the production process. This may include injection molds, stamping dies, extrusion dies or any other type of tooling used in manufacturing.
The machinist must be able to work from blueprints or engineering drawings to fabricate or repair tools and dies that meet precise tolerances. In addition to operating lathes, mills, grinders and other machine tools, the machinist may also require to use hand tools such as files, chisels and hammers.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience as a tool & die machinist
- Ability to read blueprints or engineering drawings accurately
- Experience operating lathes, mills & other machine tools
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted
- Competitive salary + benefits package
Tool and die repair job description
As we are a leading provider of tool and die repair services, we have been in business for over 50 years. With a commitment to quality and customer service, we have established themselves as a trusted partner for companies in a variety of industries.
- The Tool and Die Repair Technician will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all tooling and dies used in the production process.
- This will include troubleshooting issues, disassembling and cleaning components, making repairs, and reassembling tools and dies.
- The Technician will also be responsible for documenting all work performed, maintaining accurate records of time spent on each job, and ordering replacement parts as needed.
- In addition, the Technician will be required to perform regular preventive maintenance on all tooling and dies to ensure optimal performance.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in tool and die repair is required.
- Must be able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is essential.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
I hope you found this blog helpful in coming up with Tire Technician Job Description. It’s detail and provides a lot of information on what tool and die makers do. The skills required for the job, as well as some of the challenges faced by those in this profession.
If you have any questions or interested in exploring other manufacturing jobs. Please leave us a comment below or reach out to us on social media. We would be happy to help!