A video editor is responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that matches the director’s vision and is suitable for release. In this blog we have provided some Video Editor Job Description which can help you reaching the perfect.
The job involves selecting and combining the most effective shots from the footage shot by lenses, editing dialogue and narration, applying transitions and special effects, and ensuring that the finished product has a smooth flow.
A video editor must be able to work within tight deadlines and have a keen eye for detail. They must also be able to work collaboratively with other members of the production team, such as the director and producers.
Video Editor Job Description
We are a market leader in video editing software. As we are a global organization with over 1,000 employees and are used by 90% of the world’s top film and television studios. We boast a lot of inbound business and are actively looking to hire four video editors. This is an opportunity with a highly competitive salary.
- As a Video Editor, you will be responsible for cutting raw footage and putting together storylines that flow well and leave the viewer wanting more.
- You will work closely with the Director to ensure that the vision for the project is being met while also offering your own creative input when it comes to shot selection and storyboarding.
- In addition to working on narrative projects, you will also be responsible for putting together promotional videos, sizzle reels, and other marketing materials as needed.
- To be successful in this role, you should have experience with various video editing software programs as well as a good eye for detail and aesthetics. Ultimately, you should be able to create engaging videos that tell a story or promote a product in an interesting and visually appealing way.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience working as a Video Editor
- Strong understanding of various video editing software programs (e.g., Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Good eye for detail and aesthetics
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Creative thinking skills
- Competitive salary
- $15k bonus
- 401k + match
- Full benefits package including medical insurance
Video creator job description
We are a video creation agency that works with some of the world’s biggest brands. We are looking for a Video Creator to join their team.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and create videos that meet their objectives
- Write scripts and storyboards for videos
- Source and manage all video production resources, including crew, equipment, and locations
- Manage the video production process from start to finish, ensuring that all videos are delivered on time and within budget
- Edit videos using software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Ensure all videos meet the highest standards of quality
- Stay up to date on trends in video production and new video editing techniques/software.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- At least 2 years of experience working in video production
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A creative eye for detail
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro (or similar video editing software)
- This role offers a competitive salary + benefits package.
Online video editor job description
We are young and innovative video production company that specializes in creating online video content. We are a team of creative and passionate individuals who strive to produce high-quality videos that tell stories and engage audiences. Our company is rapidly growing and is looking for an experienced Online Video Editor to join our team.
- Edit videos according to the company’s style guide and branding standards
- Collaborate with the team of videographers, producers, and designers to create engaging video content
- Select and edit footage to create cohesive narratives that meet the requirements of the project
- Incorporate graphics, effects, transitions, and other elements into videos as needed
- Ensure that all videos are error-free and meet quality standards before uploading them online
- Monitor trends in online video editing software and techniques and make recommendations for improving the company’s workflow
- Stay up to date with new features of editing software programs and be able to troubleshoot technical issues
The Successful Applicant:
- Proven work experience as an Online Video Editor or similar role
- Familiarity with video editing software programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Sony Vegas Pro
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately
- Creative mindset with an eye for aesthetics
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- BSc degree in Media Studies, Film Studies, or a related field would be considered an asset but not required
- This is a fulltime permanent role that will be based remotely. The salary for this role is competitive and will be based on experience.
YouTube video editor job description
We are a market leader in the field of online video editing and production. We are looking for a YouTube Video Editor to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work with a leading company in the industry and to hone your skills in video editing and production.
- Edit videos for Youtube channels
- Work with channel owners to produce videos that are creative and engaging
- Use graphic design skills to create thumbnails and titles for videos
- Optimize videos for SEO
- Upload videos to Youtube channels
- Monitor metrics for videos and make changes as needed
- Keep up with trends in the YouTube world and suggest new ideas to channel owners
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have experience editing videos for Youtube channels
- Must be skilled in graphic design
- Must be knowledgeable about SEO best practices
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Full time, remote position with flexible hours.
I hope you found this blog helpful. It can be tough to know where to start when looking for a new job, but hopefully, the video editor job description we went over gave you an idea of what kinds of things you should be on the lookout for. If you want more information on a specific position or company, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask us questions.
We love helping people find their dream jobs! And finally, don’t forget to check out our other blog posts for more career advice and tips on how to make yourself stand out in today’s competitive job market.