Ever thought about becoming a video journalist? It’s an exciting job with many opportunities to tell stories through the lens of a camera. As a video journalist, you will be responsible for creating high-quality news packages and reports to inform viewers on the happenings around our world. Here is everything you need to know about being a video journalist with Video Journalist Job Description samples.
Job Responsibilities & Duties Of a Video Journalist
- As a video journalist, your primary responsibility is gathering information and producing media content in order to tell compelling stories. This includes shooting news footage, conducting interviews, and editing audio/video footage into packages.
- You should also be knowledgeable about current events in order to stay up-to-date on what’s happening in the world.
- Other duties may include researching topics for future story ideas, filming live events, writing scripts for videos, and providing technical support for equipment and software.
Requirements & Qualifications For a Video Journalist
- Video journalists must have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and interviewees alike.
- An eye for detail is also important as it affects the quality of your product.
- A degree in journalism or related field is often preferred by employers but not necessarily required depending on experience level.
- Video journalists must also possess strong technical skills when using cameras, editing software, etc., as well as problem solving abilities when troubleshooting technical issues that may arise during shoots or edits.
Salary & Job Outlook For a Video Journalist
- The average salary of video journalists range from $35k-$60k per year depending on experience level and location.
- Additionally, job outlook remains strong as television networks continue to rely heavily on multimedia content produced by talented video journalists all over the world.
- Video journalism offers unique opportunities to explore different cultures and ways of life while simultaneously telling powerful stories that can make an impact on our global community!
Video Journalist Job Description
We are a market leader in the production of video content for a range of clients in the corporate, education and charity sectors. We are based in Central London but our work takes us all over the world. As a result, We are looking for a Video Journalist who is comfortable working away from home on location as well as in the studio.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for filming and editing high quality video content for our client’s various projects.
- They will need to have a strong understanding of the latest video equipment and software in order to produce innovative and creative results that meet our client’s specific requirements.
- In addition, they will be required to undertake research prior to each shoot in order to ensure that all necessary information is gathered.
- Once filming is complete, the Video Journalist will be responsible for editing the footage using specialist software before presenting it to the client for approval.
- There may also be occasions where they are required to provide support to other members of the team during shoots or when travelling to locations.
The Successful Applicant:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Video Journalist or similar role
- Proven experience using industry standard video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects etc.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- Salary up £30,000 per annum depending on experience
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare after probationary period
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
Best Video Journalist Job Description
We are a leading news organization in the United States. We are looking for a video journalist to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work with a leading news organization and tell stories that matter.
- Work with the newsroom to identify and produce video content that will engage audiences across all platforms
- Shoot and edit original video content for digital and social platforms
- Collaborate with reporters, producers, and other journalists to create compelling visual stories
- Bring creative vision and energy to every project
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in digital media
- Understands how to shoot for different social platforms, knows how to edit quickly, understands sound design/mixing, can handle breaking news situations under tight deadlines.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years of experience shooting and editing video for digital platforms
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates creative storytelling ability
- Experience working in a fast paced news environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- This is a full time role based in New York City.
- The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k, and more.
Video Journalist Job Description template
We are a leading news and current affairs broadcaster, committed to delivering impartial and unbiased journalism. We produce content for a range of platforms including TV, radio and digital.
As a Video Journalist you will be responsible for:
- Researching, writing, filming and editing stories for use across our network of channels
- Working as part of a team or independently to deliver high quality content in line with the editorial guidelines
- Liaising with editorial staff and other teams across the organization to ensure efficient workflow
- Contributing ideas for stories and features as well as taking direction from senior editorial staff
- Undertaking any necessary training to develop your skillset further
The Successful Applicant:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Journalism or another relevant discipline such as English, History or Politics
- Experience working as a journalist, reporter or similar role within the media industry – this can be gained through work placements, internships or paid roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent command of English grammar
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- In return our client offers a competitive salary plus benefits.
Senior Video Journalist Job Description
We are market leader in the development and manufacture of specialist video equipment. We are a global organization with a strong reputation for innovation and customer service. And looking for a Senior Video Journalist to join our team.
- The Senior Video Journalist will be responsible for filming and editing high quality video content.
- They will work closely with the marketing team to ensure that all videos meet the required standards and are aligned with the company’s brand identity.
- The role will involve travel to various locations, both domestic and international, in order to capture footage.
- The Senior Video Journalist will also be required to undertake occasional training courses in order to keep up to date with latest industry developments.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful applicant will have extensive experience in filming and editing video content.
- They will be creative and have a keen eye for detail.
- They will also possess excellent communication skills and be able to work well within a team environment.
- We are offering a competitive salary for this role along with an excellent benefits package which includes health insurance, pension scheme and 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
Becoming a video journalist is an exciting journey with plenty of rewards along the way! With this job description guide you now have all the information you need to get started—from job responsibilities to salary projections—so don’t waste any more time! Take action today and start creating amazing multimedia content that can reach millions around the globe! Good luck!