A welder helper is an important part of any welding team. While some welders may be able to work independently, most appreciate the extra set of hands that a welder helper can provide. We have outlined some Welder Helper Job Description examples for you which can help you succeed.
In addition to being helpful around the job site, welders helpers also need to be safety-conscious and able to follow instructions. After all, welders work with dangerous materials and equipment, and it is crucial that everything is done correctly.
If you have interest in becoming a welder helper, make sure to brush up on your safety skills and be ready to lend a hand.
Welder Helper Job Description
We are a construction company that has been in business for over 50 years. As we are a family-owned business and have a team of over 200 employees. We are looking for a Welder Helper to join our team.
- The Welder Helper will be responsible for assisting the Welder in all aspects of welding including but not limited to set-up, operation, and maintenance of welding equipment.
- The Welder Helper will also be responsible for performing quality checks on welds, measuring materials, and moving materials around the work area.
- Other duties as assigned by the Welding Supervisor or Lead Welder.
The Successful Applicant:
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working as a welder helper or assistant welder
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to read and follow instructions
- Must be detail oriented and have good hand eye coordination
- Full time position with benefits package including health insurance and 401k plan
Welder helper job description example
We are leading provider of engineering, construction, and technical services for public and private clients worldwide. We are currently seeking a Welder Helper to join our team.
- Assist journeyman welder with set up of welding equipment
- Operate welding power source and wire feeder machines
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Previous experience in welding or fabrication preferred but not required
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions accurately
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity offering competitive pay and benefits including health insurance, 401k, vacation/PTO, etc.
I hope you found this blog helpful. The welder helper job description is a great starting point for those looking to enter the welding industry. Welder helpers are often responsible for a wide range of tasks, from moving materials around the shop to preparing pieces for welding.
If you’re interested in becoming a welder, start by checking out our latest welding jobs and see if there’s one that matches your skills and interests. Thanks for reading!