Have you ever dreamt of a career in the medical field? Becoming an X-ray technician could be the perfect way to make that dream a reality. Not only is it a rewarding and exciting job, but you also get to work with people who need your help. If you’re looking for information on what an X-ray technician does. Read our X-Ray Technician Job Description to learn more about this medical profession, the responsibilities, duties, requirements, and salary associated with the job – you’ve come to the right place.
What Does an X-Ray Technician Do?
X-ray technicians are responsible for operating imaging equipment. They use x-rays to create images of body tissues and organs. These images are used by doctors and other healthcare professionals to diagnose medical issues.
As an X-ray technician, you will be responsible for performing tests safely while following all safety protocols. You may also be responsible for preparing patients for their exams and providing support during the exams.
Requirements & Duties of an X-Ray Technician
- To become an X-ray technician, there are certain requirements that must be met. Depending on where you live, certification or licensing may be required.
- It is important to check your local laws before beginning any training program or applying for jobs as a technician.
- In addition to these requirements, some employers may also require additional training or experience in order to qualify for certain positions.
- Once hired as a technician, your responsibilities will include operating imaging equipment properly and safely
- Preparing patients for their exams; assisting with follow up visits; providing patient education
- Maintaining accurate records; and working with other healthcare professionals as needed.
Salary & Benefits of Being An X-Ray Technician
- The salary of an X-ray technician varies depending on experience level, location, and job type (full time vs part time).
- The median annual salary of full time technicians is around $56k per year according to Pay Scale data from 2020 while part time technicians can expect around $20-$30 per hour depending on factors such as location and experience level.
- Additionally, many employers provide benefits such as health insurance, vacation/PTO days, retirement plans and more!
X-Ray Technician Job Description
We are a well-known and respected hospital in the area that has been serving the community for over 50 years. We are dedicated to providing quality care to all patients and have a team of highly skilled physicians, nurses, and support staff. The hospital is also home to a state-of-the-art emergency department, which provides 24/7 coverage for all medical emergencies.
The X-Ray Technician will be responsible for performing diagnostic radiographic procedures on patients of all ages. He or she will also be responsible for operating X-ray equipment, preparing rooms and patients for X-rays, positioning patients correctly, and ensuring that they are comfortable during the procedure. In addition, the X-Ray Technician will be responsible for maintaining accurate patient records and ensuring that all safety protocols are followed.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful applicant will be a certified X-Ray Technician with at least 2 years of experience working in a hospital setting.
- He or she must possess excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- In addition, the successful applicant must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy when performing X-rays and documenting patient information.
- This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance and 401k plan.
Dental X Ray Technician Job Description
We are a large dental practice in the heart of Slough. We are looking for an experienced Dental X-Ray Technician to join their team on a full time basis. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about providing high quality patient care and who wants to be part of a friendly and supportive team.
As a Dental X-Ray Technician at this practice, you will be responsible for carrying out dental x rays and other imaging tests, as well as providing support to the dentists and other members of the dental team. Other duties will include sterilizing instruments, preparing patients for treatment, and providing post-treatment care. You will also be responsible for maintaining accurate records and ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained and safe to use.
The Successful Applicant:
- The successful candidate will have previous experience working as a Dental X-Ray Technician, ideally within a busy NHS or private practice setting.
- You will be able to work confidently and efficiently under pressure, and you will have excellent communication skills.
- You must also be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high standards of patient care at all times.
- This role is offered on a full time basis, working 37.5 hours per week.
- The salary on offer is competitive and dependent on experience.
- In addition, you will receive 25 days annual leave (pro rata), pension contributions, private healthcare cover, and death in service benefits
Medical Assistant X Ray Technician Job Description
We are a medical facility that provides high quality x-ray services. We are looking for a medical assistant who is certified to perform x-rays to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference in the lives of patients.
- Perform x-rays on patients according to protocol
- Maintain accurate records of all procedures
- Assist physicians with patient care
- Provide support to other medical staff as needed
The Successful Applicant:
- Must be certified as a medical assistant or have completed an accredited training program
- Must be certified to perform x-rays
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Competitive salary and benefits package
X-Ray Technician Job Description Template
We are a well-established and rapidly growing provider of diagnostic imaging services in the United States. We are dedicated to providing high quality, convenient, affordable, and accessible imaging services to patients and referring physicians.
The X-Ray Technician will be responsible for performing a variety of radiographic examinations using state-of-the-art equipment. The X-Ray Technician will maintain a high level of professionalism while providing excellent patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of radiographic examinations including but not limited to general x-rays, fluoroscopy, and computed tomography (CT) scans
- Position patients and adjust immobilization devices to obtain desired image
- Select technical factors relevant to individual patient’s size, anatomical area(s) being examined, physical condition, and suspected pathology in order to produce optimum images
- Maintain knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, medical terminology, infection control principles, safety standards/guidelines (including radiation safety), as well as state and federal regulations related to the practice of diagnostic imaging
- Communicate with physician regarding exam results or changes in patient’s condition
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Radiologic Technology from an accredited school is required
- ARRT certification is required
- Must maintain current CPR certification
- 2+ years’ experience working as an XRAY Tech preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- This role offers a competitive salary + benefits package which includes health insurance (medical/dental/vision), 401k plan with employer match , paid vacation & holidays .
Becoming an X-ray technician can provide a rewarding career path in the medical field where you get to help people directly while using cutting edge technology everyday! With its excellent pay rate along with potential benefits like health insurance coverage and retirement plans.
This could be the perfect job opportunity for those looking for something new or those wanting to break into the medical field! If becoming an x-ray technician sounds like something you’d like to explore further – start researching today for X-Ray Technician Job Description! Check out local laws about certification/licensing requirements in your area so that you’ll know what steps need taken before starting your journey into one of the most exciting fields available today!